Friday, August 26, 2011

Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday 8/26



This fun, weekly meme is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.



This week:


Q. In books like the Sookie Stackhouse (True Blood) series the paranormal creature in question "comes out of the closet" and makes itself known to the world. Which mythical creature do you wish would come out of the closet, for real?




A. Shapeshifters. It would make a lot of sense to find out that some people can shift into certain animals. How many times in your life have you described somebody by their animal-like features or tendencies? I'm not the only one to nickname their neighbors in this way, right? For example, I live near Fish-guy and Wolf-man, and that's just naming a few ;-)







This fun meme is hosted at Crazy For Books. Check it out and join in!




“Non-book-related this week!! Do you have pets?”



Answer: I always thought I would have a dog once I was married and had kids. Then I actually had the kids....and after 4 1/2 years of changing one or two kids' diapers at a time, I decided that pets could wait until everybody could take care of their own hind ends :-) We're getting closer. Just one more to go, haha!



What about you??


10 comments:

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

Hahah I love this! I wish I had interesting neighbors to name after animals :) New follower!

Literary Exploration: Follow Friday [1]

_yay_ said...

Shapeshifters! Great choice :-)
I picked...nope, not telling. Stop by my blog http://bookthatthing.blogspot.com and find out.
Happy Friday! I'm a NEW follower via GFC and NetworkedBlogs

Erika @ Badass said...

Welcome, to blogging, new follower here :) I wouldn't be surprised that shifters were real..vamps too. I have an open mind <3

Erika @ Badass
Stop by if you get a chance, we have 13 giveaways and author interviews going on right now WOOT!

Lindsay Cummings author said...

happy friday! i follow your blog! :)

stop by mine, I'm having a giveaway! and you can see my doggies too :)

-Lindsay

http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/08/ff-giveaway-and-review-of-populazzi-by.html

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I like shapeshifters too. I haven't read a lot of shifter books though. I love Mistwood by Leah Cypess.
My Hop

Jenna and Ashley said...

Ha, love it! I've heard husbands be compared to kids several times, and it's true; the men/kids want the pets and then the wife/mother ends up taking care of them! Put off getting one as long as possible.

-Jenna (new follower)
Here's my hop:
http://fansoffiction.blogspot.com/2011/08/follow-me-friday-book-blogger-hop-3.html

Unknown said...

ha! when you started naming fish-guy and wolf-man, foxface from the hunger games popped in my head. i think that proves your point.

Happy Friday!

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

Hey you've been given The Liebster Blog Award! Go HERE to claim your award! :)

Rachel Brooks said...

There have been some people I've met over the years that could totally be shape shifters. I wouldn't be surprised if some werewolves went to my high school! ;)

Also, I’m a new follower—wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/